By switching to a ductless mini-split system, homeowners can save 30-40% per month on their utility bills when heating with oil-fired or propane and up to 70% per month on their utility bills when heating with electric resistance heating.
March 28, 2018
Five Reasons to Go Ductless
You may have seen reports on ductless (or “mini-split”) heating and cooling systems on the news, or read about them online. If you have not been paying attention, it may be time for you to get to know a little more about ductless systems. They are among the fastest growing methods of maintaining a comfortable home in an energy-efficient, environmentally friendly way.
Here are the top five reasons to “go ductless” as published by ProudGreenBuilding.com:
- Customized cooling and heating – The major benefit of the installation of a mini-split ductless system is it has the ability to allow for customized heating and cooling throughout various areas. This allows for one room to be warm and another to be cold, all without inconveniencing anyone. Several air-handling units can hook up to one outdoor system with each zone featuring its own thermostat for convenience.
- Adding AC with no existing ductwork – To retrofit ductwork in an existing structure requires taking away space to make way for the ducts. Ceilings would be lowered or space would have to be carved out of the rooms. Unlike ducted systems, the footprint of a ductless system is minimal.
- New additions to the home – Summer is the time of the year for repurposing spaces or building additions. To have climate control in that space, you only have two options: a ductless system or having additional remodels done to expand ductwork. The least invasive and fastest way to heat and cool a new addition or a repurposed room is to add a mini-split system.
- Cost less to operate – The ductless systems are not only great for the environment, but they use substantially less energy. By switching to a ductless mini-split system, homeowners can save 30-40% per month on their utility bills when heating with oil-fired or propane and up to 70% per month on their utility bills when heating with electric resistance heating.
- Improve indoor air quality – With traditional ducted HVAC systems, air ducts must be professionally cleaned on a regular basis, and even after cleaning, dust and allergens are left behind. Ductless systems offer multi-stage filtration that can drastically reduce dust, bacteria, pollen, allergens and other particles in the air.
We have found that ductless heating & cooling systems are an ideal solution for many Cape Cod homes. Whether it is converting an older cottage that lacks ductwork, or helping to make a home more energy efficient, our Mitsubishi systems are hard at work from the canal to Provincetown. You may even be eligible for an energy rebate!
Want to find out if one of our Mitsubishi ductless heating & cooling system will work for you? Give us a call at (508) 388-1009 and ask for Bill Earle or Joe Kelley.