Trust The Fuel Company to Get Your Home Snug for Winter
The Fuel Company Gives You Peace of Mind Winterizing Your Cape Cod Summer Home!
Did you know that, here on Cape Cod, close to 40% of homes are seasonal?
Whether you have a family beach house, income properties, or are living the snowbird life, you need to make sure that the house is safe, secure, and winterized before you lock up for the season.
The Fuel Company is here to help with our expert winterization services! Since we are a full-service company, we handle all your plumbing, HVAC, and fuel needs when it’s time to close your home up for the season. We help you stop worrying about a seasonal homeowner’s biggest fear: a plumbing disaster over the winter.
Protection from freezing
Our Winterizing Services
- Turn off and drain all the water pipes, then apply nontoxic antifreeze to the traps
- Add nontoxic antifreeze to all toilets and sinks
- Disconnect the icemaker in the refrigerator
- Disconnect and drain dehumidifiers (if applicable)
- Drain the boiler and radiators (if applicable)
- Return in the spring to get your home ready to be reopened
The Fuel Company also provides fuel and heating and cooling services for before you close up the house for the season. These include:
- Maintenance tune-ups for your home’s furnace or boiler so you can be assured that it will run properly while you are away
- Heating oil delivery so that your home has the fuel it needs to stay safe over the winter
- Temperature monitoring services such as smart thermostats that send you an alert if your home’s interior temperature falls below an acceptable level, allowing you time to take action to protect your pipes from freezing
Tips for Preparing Your Home for Winterization
The Fuel Company’s winterizing services are an essential part of keeping your home safe over the winter. There are some other important things for you to do before closing up your home.
- Put your outdoor furniture into storage to protect it from the wear and tear of winter weather and to keep it from becoming a projectile in storms. Also, detach garden hoses from spigots and store them indoors. All outdoor spigots should have a protective cover to keep them insulated.
- Don’t leave behind things that can attract bugs and rodents. Do a thorough home cleaning and throw out all perishable foods from your refrigerator, freezer, and pantry. Dispose of them as well as any other trash and recyclables.
- If you notice any drafts in your home, seal them up with caulk, weatherstripping, or expanding foam.
- Have your gutters cleaned to protect them from freezing and bursting.
- Unplug electronics and appliances, including small ones like the coffeemaker and toaster.
- Go around your home with your smartphone just before leaving. Take pictures of all closed windows, locked exterior doors, and unplugged appliances. That way you won’t worry.
The Fuel Company helps keep your Cape Cod home safe with our winterizing services. Contact us to schedule your winterizing and to make sure that we have up-to-date contact information for you for while you’re away!